-- Historic Homes
-- Art Museums
-- History Museums
East Point Lighthouse (Maurice River Township)
Commenced operation 1849 at mouth of Maurice River on Delaware Bay in Cumberland County, known for many years as Maurice River Lighthouse. Light automated 1911, decommissioned by Coast Guard 1941. Severely damaged by fire 1971, restoration begun by Maurice River Historical Society with aid of federal and state funds new lantern and roof installed. Open to public on 3rd Sunday of month from April to October and for other special events. Current site threatened by encroaching waters of bay, shore now less than 120 feet from structure, down from 174 feet in 2008.